I don’t know about you, but I do almost all of my shopping online today. First of all, I don’t have time to go out and secondly, I have this crazy busy family and The Daily Basics to run. It is easy to google and find the item I’m looking for, but to find new and interesting products, well that is when I spend a little time and putz around on a few of my favorite resource sites.
The Daily Grommet has long been one of my ultimate favorite sources to find cool new things. They have a video on every product they offer which explains, demonstrates and gives you all the uses of the products. They also go to the manufacturers and you can hear what they have to say. If you don’t have time for the video, there is a brief description under the product that you can read instead. What categories do they have? Everything …. check them out!
"What is a Grommet?
- It’s a wonderful product still waiting in the wings, just ripe for discovery.
- It has great utility, or style, or invention. Or, very often it has all three.
- It comes from a designer, or inventor, or artist, or manufacturer who is clearly passionate about what they create. Someone who loves to share their creations and talk to people about why they do what they do.
- It comes from a company that treats its customers well.
- Finally, like any intelligent or beautiful product, it has a great story, ready to be told. "
Joyus.com is my other favorite video shopping site. Based in California, they have a young edgy tone to their videos. They have five experts in the following fields; Fashion, Beauty, Home, Food & Lifestyle. Of course I am partial to Joyus because The DB Who’s Who member and TV personality, Kelley L Moore is the face of their Home & Lifestyle videos. They offer great deals and will often cover topics like, How to Stock Your Bar Cart or How to Wear Colored Denim Anytime. In essence, they will help you discover new brands and show you how to put them to good use!
"Our purpose at Joyus is to help delight and transform your shopping experience by harnessing the power of video. Each week our amazing curators share their special apparel, beauty and lifestyle finds with you and then show you how to make them work for you"