Creating a Halloween Party in the Wood
Karin Lidbeck-Brent produced and styled this photo shoot, ‘Halloween Party in the Wood” with her friend Bruce Elsass, a holiday designer who has an amazing collection of Halloween decorations . Along with friend and associate stylist, Elizabeth Kalban, the three proceeded to create one of the best Halloween parties ever. Here are some easy do-it-yourself ideas, simple recipes and spookily enchanting decorating projects! Originally shot for the uber fabulous, Country Living Magazine, we just had to shout out about it at this fun and spooky time of the year! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Halloween Food & Decorating Tips:
- The gravestone brownies are home made brownies with small store bought butter cookies decorated as graves stones using pastry bags of chocolate and vanilla icing, add chopped nuts.
- Use a small pumpkin to hold skewers of olives and cheeses
- Scoop out pumpkins and use as soup tureens
- Use masks as party of your decorations
- Use cheesecloth as a tablecloth
- Hang lanterns high, use high candelabras for height
Have your friends come in their favorite Halloween attire. Pull out those vintage Halloween masks or wear your grandmother’s old white dress with tulle draped to become the White Lady of the Mist ! Don’t forget to bob for apples and when the sun sets start whispering a spooky ghost story or two, or three … or more.