Stylist, Karin Lidbeck created these great pumpkin decorating ideas for a fun and festive Halloween for outside or get inspired by the no-carve pumpkin decorating ideas below!
Front Door Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
To create this eerie pumpkin tree, choose large pumpkins.
- Cut the top of the bottom pumpkin, scoop out the insides and stack the next on top,
- Draw your trees with washable marker until you get the pattern you like
- then use glossy outdoor black craft paint to paint tree.
- To get the starry night effect punch holes with a pumpkin whole punch.
To make the bags:
- Buy white paper and draw a haunted houses with a black sharpie.
- Put votive candles inside the pumpkins and bags , light and wait for your trick or treaters to arrive!
Pumpkin Welcoming Committee
Decorating the Pumpkin: Run down to your local craft store and pick up dress up stuff! Go to the costume section and buy hats, glasses or other fun accessories. It is the easiest way to give your trick or treaters a chuckle!
Great White Pumpkin Decorating
They used to be rare but white pumpkins are much easier to find today. Get a few and make them a focal part in your Halloween decorating!
– Cut out leaves from colored tissue papers were placed on the pumpkin and Karin brushed on a coat of Mod Podge. You can use water diluted Elmers Glue as well!
– Dip a craft paint brush in black paint and write you message one letter per pumpkin.
– Create plaid pumpkins by using Japanese Wasabi masking tape which is available online or at craft stores. Plan out the design as Karin did here laying out the tapes to keep them as equidistant as you can to create the plaid effect!
Vases: Spray paint the pumpkin with a black gloss spray paint then use nails, needles or a sharp tool to reveal the orange with your design.
Pumpkin Table Lanterns: are easily put together with metal floral U pins (from your local floral supply shop) which hold the hurricane globes securely.
Pumpkin Ice Bucket: Cut the top one-third of a large pumpkin off and scoop out all of the seeds thoroughly. Attach spider legs which you can make out of crepe paper and black tape. Presto- you have an ice bucket!