Fall has arrived and pumpkin spice permeates the air. From lattes to cheesecakes, you can’t seem to escape its magical autumn appeal. We’ve surrendered to its charms and incorporated it into a new fall breakfast favorite, pumpkin spice Halloween pancakes.
These Halloween Pancakes are a bit denser than usual pancakes thanks to the weight of the pumpkin puree(not pumpkin pie filling), but with a slight increase in cooking time you are left with a flavorful start to your day. Scare up a little Halloween fun by serving these for breakfast this weekend and well into the holiday season.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl and whisk to evenly distribute ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg. Whisk to fully combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold just enough to wet dry ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter or cooking spray and then ¼ cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook each pancake for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the edges are browned.
- Serve pancakes with a pat of butter, chopped pecans, and warmed maple syrup.