Weekend In Paris
A blog dedicated to helping you get the most out of your trip to Paris – with a special focus on Gal Pal trips
Website: The Weekend In Paris.com
Google Plus: WeekendInParis
Dreaming of Paris
Whether you want to go to Paris, have been there or just dream about it – Weekend in Paris is a site you should discover. Francophile, editor and writer, Priscilla Pilon has been guiding people to the best places in Paris to visit, eat, stay, shop, tour and drink for years. Additionally, you’ll find travel tips, places to visit outside of Paris and where to find the best guided tours.
If you are in Paris in January, Priscilla hosts an annual Tweet-up there. Be sure to follow her on Twitter or you can email her at Priscilla@theweekendinparis.com for more information. Be sure to follow the January Tweet up on Twitter at #ParisTweetUp2014.
Some of her Traveling with Gal Pal Paris Tips are priceless such as:.
- Don’t be high maintenance !
- You must like food and wine and shopping. You cannot nibble or pick at food. You cannot order just salad or the wine volume will make you ill.
- Don’t use words like garçon when referring to waiters.
- Don’t be a rude American – we have enough already handling that for us and don’t want to be associated with them!
- Pack what you want, then take half of it out. The goal is to not check any bags so you can avoid baggage claim in Paris.
- Pack in an expandable suitcase so you have room for souvenirs on the way back.
- You must not sleep late in the morning no matter how late we are out the night before. You can sleep back in the U.S.A. Here in Europe we are never too old or too tired to enjoy Paris 24/7!