Sumo Tangerine are everywhere this time of year. They are so good and so since I am watching what I eat these days, these are great to have around. On my program I count points and there are no points in this salsa so why not keep it the frig all the time? This has lots of crunch and tons of favor. I put it on fish, chicken, tacos and even baked tortilla chips. Tonight I am grilling pork loin with grilled veggies salad and using it on top of that. Sumo’s are a sure sign Spring is not far away. After this Winter we could all use a little Spring. I hope this helps get you kick started into better weather.
Sumo Tangerine and Kiwi Salsa
- 3-4 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Sumo’s or 4 smaller tangerines, peeled and diced
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seed and diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped - if you do not like cilantro use basil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small Jalapeno or Serrano which ever you prefer, seeds removed and diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare all of the ingredients and add to a bowl.
- Toss lightly, add salt and pepper to taste. You can even add a little hot sauce if you like it spicier.
Remember what we say around this kitchen. “It’s a recipe, not a bible.” Enjoy the first favors of Spring and Cheers!!!