There are times and places for casseroles. Christmas breakfast is one of those times. This is easily put it together the night before in literally 15 minutes – including clean up. When you awake in the morning to the patter of whose ever feet, you will not have a care in the world. Set the oven, pop it in and in 1 hour after everyone has opened their gifts, breakfast is ready!!! You did not miss one minute of Christmas morning, not one laugh or a smile. This easy and delicious casserole will take one more thing off your list to do on Christmas morning and let you enjoy your day.
image courtesy of Country Living Magazine
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup half and half, Do not use low fat anything, will be too runny
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Butter to grease pan
- 6 slices of homemade bread or bakery bread so you can cut it 1 inch thick
- 1 pound spicy, Italian style or breakfast pork sausage, cooked and drained of fat1 cup grated Jack and Cheddar cheese blend, equal parts
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until they loosen up.
- Add the half and half, and green onions. Mix well, highly season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Butter a 12 by 10-inch baking pan. Line the pan with the bread, cutting and rearranging, if needed.
- Sprinkle the bread with the cooked sausage and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the entire pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook covered for 25 to 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- 7. Have a very Merry Christmas Breakfast!
Merry Christmas everyone, Happy Holidays and most of all Happy New Year!!! Next year The Daily Basics and I are doing so much more together. I am honored to be sharing my recipes with this audience. Your all so special and I appreciate you so much. Cheers and may the New Year bring us all great health, easy entertaining, great wines and more time to spend with those we love!!