Baked Eggs in Fresh Herbs and Cream
Here is a quick and elegant presentation for Easter morning breakfast. Serve with toast or croissants. Fresh and different.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 Tbs fresh herbs, 2 Tbs each of your choice, I am using basil, chives, parsley and dill, rough chopped
- 10 fresh large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 links chicken apple sausage or meat of your choice.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, make sure its preheated all the way before placing eggs in.
- Use a ovenproof skillet for a pretty presentation.
- Stir together the cream, herbs, the salt and pepper. over medium heat bring cream and herbs to a slight simmer.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into the cream. DO NOT STIR, simply pace the pan now into the preheated oven and bake until yokes are just set. around 5-8 minute. (we love soft eggs here).
- You cook them until your degree of done-ness is achieved. remove from the oven and sprinkle with your meat of choice or no meat at all, does not matter.
This dish is delicious meat or not. Serve immediately and let people help themselves. It truly is a one pot breakfast wonder!
For other Easter Breakfast Ideas: