Occupation: Mixologist, Spirits and Food Expert – Cocktail Whisperer
Author of: Apothecary Cocktails-Restorative Drinks from Yesterday and Today- Fair Winds Press- Beverly, Massachusetts. Apothecary Cocktails was nominated for a Spirited Award, 2014 Tales of the Cocktail. His forthcoming book, Whiskey Cocktails will be released October 14. Bitters and Shrub Syrup Cocktails follow with publication in spring ’15. Warren is a master mixologist for several craft liquor companies.
Warren consults about mixology and spirits, travel, organic wine and food. He’s written for web-blogs and magazines like: Williams-Sonoma, Whole Foods: Dark Rye, Distiller, Total Food Service Magazine, Beverage Media Group, DrinkupNY, Edible Publications, Foodista, Serious Eats, Mechanics of Style and Beekman1802. He was in the Saveur-100 in 2010.
Warren is a former, mostly self, trained cook from the pot sink on up. J&W and ACF were thrown in for good luck. Warren was the former owner/co-founder of Olde Charleston Pasta in South Carolina: *Dissolved his business after Hurricane Hugo in 1989* – to a career in private banking, (nearly 20 years; “a very grand mistake”) to this reinvention in 2009 as the Warren he’s finally become.
Warren is available to do highly personalized, interactive mixology events, local, national and international.
- He was one of 12 journalists world-wide, and the only one from the USA to participate in the Fête de la Gastronomie– the weekend of September 22nd. 2012 in Burgundy.
- He attended Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans in 2011/2012.
- Warren presented and demo’d freestyle mixology at the International Food Bloggers Conference in Portland, Oregon. (2012)
- Warren judged the Iron Mixology competition at the Charleston Wine and Food Festival (2012)
- Warren has published over three hundred articles on everything from cocktail mixology to restaurant reviews to travel articles
- He’s written food and cocktail articles and news for Edible Jersey, Chutzpah Magazine, Voda Magazine, Tasting Table, Serious Eats and Total Food Service Magazine.
- Warren attended the Kentucky Derby and the Oaks Day Races this year while on assignment for Voda Magazine.
- He writes for the “Fabulous Beekman 1802 Boys” as their cocktail writer. (The Soused Gnome)
- He also writes for The Daily Basics, Leaf Magazine and Modenus.
- He writes for Williams-Sonoma on their Blender Blog.
- He is a Ministry of Rum judge.
- Warren was # 30 in Saveur Magazine’s 100 for his writing about the humble Tuna Melt.
Click here to order ‘Warren’s books:”
Apothecary Cocktails: Restorative Drinks from Yesterday and Today’
Whiskey Cocktails: Rediscovered Classics and Contemporary Craft Drinks Using the World’s Most Popular Spirit